Welcome

by - July 22, 2018

Hi... Spending 20 minutes rewriting the words "hey" "Hello" and "Howdey" is not a good way to start your first blog post but here we are ladies and gentlemen. (I can't believe I considered 'howdey' either... what am I? Born in the midwest?) I'm starting this blog as a way to creatively and healthily put my thoughts and feelings out into the big wide world. But most importantly, to hopefully make a positive change in my life (I'm a drip I know but stay with me). Remember when you were younger and you looked at pictures of yourself and you were CONVINCED you were the same size if not bigger than a beached whale? And then fast forward 2-3 years you look back at those photos and you realise you were in the best shape of your life and now you are indeed the same size if not bigger than a beached whale?


Yeah... That's the chapter of my life I've recently opened. I've spent over a year convincing myself otherwise and making up excuses why my favourite jeans are too tight and that it's perfectly normal to want a crisp butty (A chip sandwich for any Americans) for breakfast. The washing machine hasn't shrunk my clothes, I haven't been cursed by a lucky lucky person on holiday for not buying their gear, and I'm most definitely not pregnant. (Sometimes I think growing a human life would be easier to come to terms with rather than admitting you've been eating yourself into oblivion, atleast then you have a valid excuse other than "I was sad" or "I was hungry").

The truth is I've been very unhappy with my body for a long time and I think it's finally come to the point where I need to address that I have an very unhealthy attitude towards food. I completely adore the 'Treat yourself' philosophy but 3 stone later here I am, grumpy and chubby.

Therefore...I hereby decree that the Chubby Confessional is open for business. I will diet, I will exercise and I will make a positive change not only with what food I put into my round, round body but also with my relationship with food.

I really hope you join me! And that this works... (Size 8 here I come)

Lou x

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Hey girl!! Size 8 sounds good to me so go for it!! Keep on with the good work, I love your post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou, it's me, Ina! I like your first post and your goal setting. I'm looking forward to see where your blog goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ina! So glad you like it. Thanks for your comment :D

      Lou xox

      Delete